Education Desired Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years’ experience in Risk Monitoring in the Payment Processing Industry
About eVance Inc. is a committed partner helping American businesses thrive, offering innovative solutions such as Apple Pay, cutting edge tablet technology, mobile and pay at the table solutions, eCommerce and most importantly, fraud protection. Our payment processing solutions are driven by customer needs. We understand every merchant account is different, which is why we are a preferred global partner, delivering a broad range of products and services. Regardless of the type of business, we provide a unique solution, whether you are accepting payments face to face, online or payments on the go.
Overview The Risk Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing and calculating financial risk exposure, merchant reserves, merchant payouts, including evaluating ongoing company financial positions, exposure thresholds, and predicting risk exposures for prospective and existing merchants processing payments through eVance, Inc.
- Monitor transactional, batch and authorization volume for merchant portfolios
- Communicate with merchants via email and phone to resolve risk-related questions or to clarify questionable activity.
- Work under pressure, with time restrictions, and with a sense urgency, all while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Investigate the credit card processing, chargebacks, refunds, and fraud on merchant accounts that have exceeded the parameters set by our risk management team and make a real time decision on increasing or decreasing exposures and reserves.
- Investigates high risk or suspicious transaction activity with merchants, banks, and cardholders in order to determine the proper action
- Communicates with merchants and sales partners regarding exception activity and requests additional documentation to support processing activity
- Develop intelligence on fraud trends to prevent fraud losses
- Be accountable for financial performance and customer experience generated by the fraud strategies
- Negotiates collateral requirements and/or change of terms with merchants.
- Reviews daily chargeback reports to monitor for trends and educates merchants on best practices
- Create and maintain risk-related policies and procedures
- Perform other critical job functions as assigned related to customer service or underwriting
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of merchant risk management or servicing experience in merchant processing, merchant acquiring, business banking or e-commerce.
- Engage in payment processing with emphasis on risk policy, exposure analysis, underwriting and regulatory compliance
- Experience and knowledge with transaction monitoring systems
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail
- Experience in fraud prevention or risk management
- Advanced degree with in depth knowledge of card transactions and Card Brand regulations
- Able to work independently or with team members.
- Recognize when issues should be escalated, or a senior management needs consulted.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and criminal background check
- Knowledge with First Data, Tsys systems and risk tools a plus
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation
- A range of benefits to include: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Vacation
Privacy Statement eVance, Inc is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how eVance, Inc protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
eVance, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.